30% of people with depression do not respond fully to conventional treatment for depression. They continue to have symptoms which affect their daily functioning
Causes for difficult to treat depression:
- Co-occurring conditions such as bipolar disorder/OCD/anxiety
- Personality factors
- Genetic factors
- Substance use
- Presence of undetected neurological/medical conditions
At Manoshanti – Expert opinion clinics we help people with difficult to treat conditions
Thorough evaluation of history and diagnosis.
Evaluation for contributing factors.
- Medical and neurological evaluation
- Personality and psychometric assessment
- Pharmacokinetic genetic testing
Comprehensive individualised treatment plan.
Our holistic treatment plan includes
- Appropriate suggestions for medication
- Life style changes and yoga therapy
Newer effective treatments for Difficult to treat depression offered at manoshanti
- Brain stimulation (transcranial magnetic stimulation) is a novel US FDA approved treatment which enhances recovery in depression
- Ketamine therapy – Injection of low dose ketamine has beneficial results in chronic depression